Monday, November 24, 2008

Week 20 Update

We're in week 20 (although at the ultrasound on Friday I was 19 weeks, 5 days). The appointment was great! Rory was with us and was able to see the ultrasound. On our way to the doctor Fred asked Rory what he thought the baby was and she said, "I think it's a boy." We were shocked. For a couple months Rory has been telling us she wanted a baby sister and we weren't allowed to have a boy. This was the first time she's even mentioned the "b" word. I asked her if she was sure since she wanted a sister and she said, "Oh, I changed my mind, it's a girl." Well, we had the ultrasound and were shocked again when it was a boy. Below are some pictures from the ultrasound. From top to bottom, Face profile, foot and hand (and head).


Rory seems to be handling it very well. She's been talking about her baby brother all weekend and all the things she's going to help him learn. She's even offered to take him to swim lessons with her.

So it looks like we're going to have to start picking up some boy clothes but other than that, we have everything else for the new arrival (luckily we had all neutral stuff for Rory), now is just the waiting.

According to the ultrasound, the baby's weighing in at 9 oz. and everything is proportionate. I couldn't believe the clarity in the ultrasound, so different than when I was pregnant with Rory. And, he fully cooperated with the determination of gender, there's no question it's a boy! The next appointment is December 19th and I will be having another ultrasound.

Here I am on Friday the 21st. As you can see, I'm still not growing much. I've managed to gain 5 lbs. I'm still feeling sick at times and have not been able to keep everything down but I'm now on a steady diet of nausea medication and Pepcid AC. If I can start keeping things down, I'm going to have to start watching what I eat. That'll stink.

No comments:

Rory's my big girl!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lance is growing up!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Voting